Parent Informative Evenings
Being the first and foremost educators of the child, parents are encouraged to contribute to the well- being of the child. Dr. Montessori believed that the best way for a child to succeed is to have the parents and the Montessori trained Directress working together throughout the child’s developmental stages. Parent education and involvement is a major part of our program. Parent informative evenings are scheduled throughout the school year. During informative evenings, our teachers discuss different areas of our classroom as well as certain aspects of the Montessori philosophy. This is a great opportunity for parents to learn more about Montessori methods.
Parents can contribute to our program by volunteering for field trips, providing their expertise, serving on the parent Advisory Committee. Further, parents who have special talents, hobbies, etc. are invited for offer a class activity. Please contact, our staff to schedule an activity.
Newsletters, term events, and notices are sent to the parents/guardians via e-mail. Receipts, invoices, and birthday invitations are placed in mailbox on child’s locker.
Parent Teacher Meetings
Parent-Teacher meetings are an important part of our school to educate parents about their child’s academic progress, to set goals, and to discuss areas of concern that need more attention. Our school holds two meetings a year, one in January and the other in May. The Montessori teachers keep open lines of communication at all times with the parents. Special meetings may be arranged at any time at the request by the teacher or parent.
We have a small library of books available for the parents of our school. Parents are encouraged to sign out books, CDs, and videos to learn and understand more about the Montessori philosophy and child development.
Fund Raising and Charitable Events
Nova Montessori Preschool has a vision of supporting children who have limited access to education in the early years in developing countries because of poverty or many other reasons. We contribute $2 of your monthly tuition fee of your child towards this charity. Furthermore, we are organizing fundraising events in the summer to gather parents and communities to support this mission. Anybody who is interested in our charitable mission is welcome to make monitory or in kind contributions by contacting us.
2020/2021 School Calendar
Nova Montessori Preschool Calendar for 2020
- School Starts – January 2nd, 2020
- Parent-Teacher Interviews Perk and Kindergarten -Wednesday 8 Jan and Thursday 9Jan 2020
- Louis Riel Day – February 17th (school closed)
- Spring Break – March 28th – April 5th (Spring Camp)
- Good Friday – April 10th (school closed)
- Easter Monday – April 13th (school closed)
- Parent-Teacher Interviews- Preschool-April 29-30, 2020
- Victoria Day – May 18th (school closed)
- Last Day of School – June 26, 2020
- Graduation ceremony – June 26, 2020
- Summer camp start July 06, 2020
- Civic holiday 03 Aug ,2020 (school closed)
- School Starts
- Preschool-September 01, 2020
- Labour day 07 Sept 2020 (school closed)
- Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten – September 8th
- Thanksgiving – October 12th (school closed)
- Remembrance Day – November 11th (school closed)
- Picture day -November 13, 2020
- Last day of School – December 18th
- Winter concert – December 18th
- Winter Break – December 21 – Dec 31 (school closed)
Nova Montessori Preschool Calendar for 2021
- School Starts – January 4th
- Parent-Teacher Interviews Perk and Kindergarten – Thursday 7and Friday Jan8 2021
- Louis Riel Day – February 15th (school closed)
- Spring Break – March 27th – April 4th (Spring Camp)
- Good Friday – April 9th (school closed)
- Easter Monday – April 12th (school closed)
- Parent-Teacher Interviews- Preschool- 29-30
- Victoria Day – May 24th (school closed)
- Last Day of School – June 25th
- PreK Graduation ceremony – June 25th, 2020
- Summer Break – 28 the June 02 July 2021-school closed
- Summer camp start -July 05, 2021
- Civic Holiday – August 02, 2021-school closed
- Summer camp end – August,31 2021